Most frequent questions and answers

California Gambling and Education Treatment Services. No cost, confidential treatment services to those with gambling issues and affected individuals. Just call 1-800-GAMBLER, go to our website or call the Office of Problem Gambling (OPG) to have someone assist you in finding a local provider in CalGETS. Resources are also available online or by mail.

OPG is responsible for developing and maintaining statewide problem gambling prevention and treatment programs.

Exclusion forms can be completed at the cardroom or can be downloaded from the California Gambling Control Commission at http://www.cgcc.ca.gov/documents/forms/CGCC-037.pdf. For assistance with the self-exclusion program call the Bureau of Gambling Control at 916-227-2455.

Most individual Tribal Casinos have their own process. UCLA Gambling Studies Program (UGSP) has a self-exclusion map with information about programs and who to call to sign up:


1-800-GAMBLER (426-2537)* is toll-free, confidential, and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year problem gambling helpline. It is free for anyone who is concerned that they, or someone they know, may have a gambling problem!

Manned by masters-level or above counselors, help is available in more than 200 languages and through TDY services. They will assist you in finding resources available in your area (i.e. counseling, self-help groups, information packets, etc.), and many are free.1 So don’t hesitate to call, because you don’t want to continue to gamble your future away. Seek help now!